Society nowadays says Chivalry is dead because women want to be like men and men want to be like women. A lot of behaviours are being challenged due to these circumstances. I still believe that there is a generation of men and women who still want to do things the old school way. It is with such people in mind that I have compiled a list of tips and today I’m starting with the gents. Feel free to share these with a friend, brother, partner or son. Who knows …this might be just what they need to change their Game!
1. Every gentleman opens doors for a lady. Start learning by doing it for your sisters, colleagues.
2. It’s cold and you’re walking and she isn’t warm. She might not ask but offer her or give her your jacket anyway.
3. Never keep a lady waiting lol… Always be punctual. Buy a watch!
4. Rise when she enters the room.
5. A gentleman gives compliments sincerely and often. Women love receiving compliments. My uncle once told me that on a good day he randomly gives compliments to strangers and the changes in their smile always gives him satisfaction.
6. A gentleman pulls out the chair and helps her to be seated.
7. A gentleman gives up his seat. Even in a bus Yes!
8. A gentleman helps a lady with her coat.
9. There is no price tag for politeness always learn to say “please” and “thank you.”
10. Always mind your table manners. Learn etiquette.
11. A gentleman is never rude to those below him or anyone else for that matter. Avoid swearing as excessively it makes you sound like an idiot.
12. A gentleman man pays (lol I know)..Put away the calculator. The term “going Dutch ” was invented bythe English as an insult: they regarded the Dutch as cheap. Just pay… and don’t think that paying means you’ve bought anything more than dinner or drinks. There should be no expectations attached. Under no circumstances should she see the check or have any idea how much it is.
13. Always be a protector and walk her safely to her door.
14. A gentleman keeps his word and a secret. Don’t be a blabber mouth
15. Always be a good listener. Nothing is as irritating as a person who always needs to be reminded of things because they never pay attention.
16. NEVER hit a woman. Ever. If she doesn’t respect you, others or herself just walk away.
17. Learn to have an actual and genuine and well informed opinion, show initiative.
18. A gentleman pays attention to details. Know her favourite colour, shoe sizes what she loves or hates doing.
19. A gentleman asks for her family’s blessing before proposing.
20. Learn how to get things done. Be the go to guy for solutions there’s something enticing about a jack of all trades.
21. Always try by all means to go out of your way to let the women around you know you care. Every. Single. Day.
22. The final test of a gentleman is his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him.
Manners, Respect and Politeness aren’t something that should feel forced or imposed on anyone sometimes you just exercise them to make people feel better and comfortable being around you.